Contact:

Please contact me for further information or if you would like to see the range of Happy Days creative resources for young people, activities and materials for people with dementia:
Gillian Hesketh: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk or telephone Gillian on: 01253 899163

Friday 22 February 2013

Mission Statement ... Resources for Early Intervention - Dementia - Young Carers


To be honest, I've been running around all week to meetings, networking, planning, initiating the development on an ipad app. 'An ipad app?' I hear you say, a questioning tone in your voices - Yes an ipad app or two or three, for people living with dementia, their families, friends and carers. 

And in the middle of all these plans, I had a publishing workshop with colleagues on 'The Interview' ... the interview? Hmm ... well, yes, yes, er ... ahem ... During my many attempts to answer questions with direct answers, it appeared I and Happy Days were not well enough prepared and didn't have a specific Mission Statement either. In my head, I have an abundance of mission statements but pulling all those ideas together into one statement took some time, patience, focus and endless editing. So, here it is ...
Is this enough? Does it say everything in one statement? Is it interesting enough? Will it hook people in? Is it clear? Does it say exactly what Happy Days wants to achieve? Phew, I hope so - Any positive ideas or criticism are much appreciated - please let me know.


Happy Days Mission Statement:

Providing interactive creative resources, activities, materials to help professionals, support workers, carers & participants 
improve self esteem and enhance well-being.

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment