Contact:

Please contact me for further information or if you would like to see the range of Happy Days creative resources for young people, activities and materials for people with dementia:
Gillian Hesketh: gmhesketh@yahoo.co.uk or telephone Gillian on: 01253 899163

Saturday 22 December 2012

Schools Student Support Centre, Young Carers Centres ...

What a week that was.  Not only have I [along with everyone else], been enduring the run up to Christmas but I've been scaling a mountain of corrupted files on a marathon towards a deadline ... the penultimate day of term ... the last chance to get Happy Days Early Intervention resources installed into a senior school support centre this side of the Christmas break.

Fortunately, I followed some rather popular advice we're seeing on greetings cards, advertising boards and cartoon T shirts, bars of chocolate, note books, handbags [yes, handbags], and others ..................................... [please insert here]; I remained reasonably calm - and carried on. Needless to say that working through the corrupted files [which somehow got themselves into a fizz all on their own], I managed to solve the problem [which included a couple of phone callas to my teenage son], by reducing file sizes of each image. 'Ahh', I hear you say ... you knew that already. Well, at least I do now.  It seems that old saying: 'You never stop learning', is so true. What I particularly love though, is sharing knowledge and especially, learning from young people.

Phew ... so that's the dramatic tension over with - and the resolution? After tearing the printer ink cartridge label off a little too quickly, I found myself dripping in indelible black ink which then leaked through the printer, wasting paper and damaging just about everything.  The printing company, who shall remain nameless unless they mess up again, made a huge mistake with the binding process which had to be rectified and took another hour from the day. Heavy rain slowed the traffic, every traffic light jumped to red on my journey to the senior school: ETA 3.15pm prompt ...

to be continued ...

Ahh, I couldn't do that to you.

Of course it all ended happily ever after. I arrived five minutes early, found a parking space right outside, delivered the resources, all in order, unscathed and presented, I am told, in a calm manner.

So if you think this is your school, it probably was ... and yes I'm continuing to keep calm and carry on.

Coming to a school near you soon.

And the coda - To everyone who celebrates Christmas, having a holiday or a rest, I wish you all a wonderful time.

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment